The State Board of Education of Ohio invites applicants for the position of State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
The State Superintendent of Public of Instruction is responsible for the administration of the Department which includes:
- Administering the school funding system;
- Collecting school fiscal and performance data;
- Developing academic standards and model curricula;
- Administering Ohio’s state achievement tests;
- Issuing district and school report cards;
- Administering Ohio’s voucher programs;
- Monitoring educational service centers, other regional providers, early learning and childcare programs and private schools;
- Providing technical and professional assistance and advice to all school districts in reference to all aspects of education;
- Providing professional development; and;
- Licensing teachers, administrators, treasurers, superintendents and other education personnel.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The State Board of Education will offer the successful candidate a regionally competitive salary, commensurate with the preparation, qualifications, experience and record of the candidate, as well as an attractive State of Ohio benefits package. Find more information on the state of Ohio Total Rewards.
All inquiries should be sent to the State Board of Education of Ohio search committee at email@example.com. Interested candidates should direct all professional materials for consideration including a resume or curriculum vitae to the State Board of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2022. All materials submitted as part of the application will remain confidential to the extent allowed by law, which includes board review in a closed session of the State Board of Education.
The State of Ohio and the Ohio Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability (ADA), age or veteran status in employment, programs or against individuals receiving services.
The Department is located in Columbus, a thriving metropolitan area of two million people. Columbus boasts an eclectic community with a vibrant arts and restaurant scene as well as professional and college sports teams. The Columbus economy is comprised of education, insurance, banking, health care, state government, retail and technology. The city was recently ranked #1 Opportunity City by Forbes and in the top 10 for Rising Startup Cities, Tech Markets and Metro for Young Professionals. Columbus is home to 17 Fortune 1000 companies. More than 50 colleges and universities have campuses in and around the metro area.